5.8.11

Bush Internet

I think thought have had conquered the internet this yesterday afternoon, but to no avail- giving it my second try today. As I said this morning when the internet was NOT working, "patience is a virtue, internet is a necessity"....although this is not true, sometimes it feels true.  Some days I find my patience running thin on the things in life we take for granted in America...for example: I got ahead of myself last week saying that running water and a new tent were on my doorstep as we are only "moving in" next week...things have been a little busy to say the least. However, other aspects of life here eliminate those feelings such as the awesome number of elephant that are here at the moment. About 90% of them are relaxed, but the remainder have not realized our vehicles are not the enemy...at least I have risen above my fear of the 10%, as I successfully drove past an upset herd and am still in one piece. Other animal news: we saw 5 cheetah in one day last week; we sat in tree stands (a little chair bolted into a tree) above some of the springs and 150 buffalos and 2 elephant bulls were right under us- very cool; also, we got trap cameras which we put up and we now have pics of wild dog, eland, lions, buffalo, elephant, striped hyena, aardvark, etc.