10.8.11

Bush Pics

Being in Arusha, with internet that works, I thought I would capitalize on the opportunity to upload and download as many items as possible.  Here are a series of Mwiba pictures from the last couple months.
Stone Blind: Mwamgushe Spring (where you can watch ellies, buffalo, waterbuck and more come to drink)

Waterbuck (although they are not monogamous, I have a terribly tendency to personify animals..in my mind this is definitely a happy little family).

Tree House! Springs which you cant see are all around- we have seen elephant, buffalo, roan and cheetah from the tree house...you can also sleep up there, under the stars. 
Not sure which I like more, the ellie or the yellow flowers- cant wait til next April
A mama and two babies- one of the cooler things about Mwiba is that the wildebeest migration comes through when they are having their calves...very cute!
Lioness
Masai at sunset...one of Grant's photos and one of my very favorite
One of the big beautiful trees of Mwiba 
Some buffalo bulls...they are such grumpy old men
Anyone for an adrenalin rush?? Look closely in the tree above the elephant.